The Sinclair Nickel Project includes extensive new-near infrastructure including an existing open-cut and underground mine, an on-site 300,000tpa Concentrator, sealed airstrip and +200-person accommodation village.
The process plant and mine were placed on care and maintenance in August 2013 and have been maintained to a very high standard.
Key infrastructure associated with the Sinclair Nickel Project includes:
- Open pit, decline and underground mine;
- Processing, crushing and screening plant;
- Nickel concentrate plant;
- Run-of-Mine (“ROM”) pad;
- Waste dump and topsoil stockpiles;
- Tailings storage facility;
- 200-person accommodation village and facilities;
- Administration buildings;
- Fully-equipped maintenance and stores warehouse;
- Core yard and exploration offices;
- Borefield and pipelines;
- Mining contractor facilities;
- Reverse osmosis plant and potable water pipelines; and
- Waste-water treatment plant.
The availability of this extensive, high quality infrastructure package represents a significant strategic advantage to Talisman as, subject to exploration success and the prevailing global nickel price, it provides optionality to potentially fast-track a future production pathway.
Aerial photo of the Sinclair Nickel Project showing key mine and processing infrastructure
Project Infrastructure Gallery